We just released Vimeotheque 2.0.21 which solves, among other issues, a bug into the Block editor when editing a video post that caused the editor to display the error message “Updating failed. The response is not a valid JSON response.“.
Also very important is the fact that starting with this version, the minimum WordPress version required by the plugin is WordPress 5.3.
Here’s the entire Vimeotheque 2.0.21 changelog:
- Solved a bug in Video Position Block that cause post saving error/notice when editing a video post managed by Vimeotheque;
- Changed Video Position Block options “Video start time” and “Volume” to range controls;
- Added new option in Video Position Block for video embed background transparency;
- Added new option for videos edited using the Classic Editor to set the video embed background transparency;
- Increased Vimeotheque minimum WordPress version requirement to WordPress 5.3 ( for support of object meta type in the REST API );
- Made video background transparency a global option in Vimeotheque Settings, under tab “Embed options”;
- Solved a bug in Video Player script implemented by Vimeotheque which caused the player to ignore the embed volume option.
If you encounter any issues with this update, please either fill a support ticket from your CodeFlavors account or leave a message on the WordPress repository plugin page.
A new addition to the Vimeotheque add-ons library was added: the Vimeotheque video subtitles management. What does it do? It helps you to easily set a video subtitle to be loaded by default.
We’re happy to announce that we released a new Vimeotheque PRO add-on called Vimeotheque PRO – Push to Vimeo. This add-on will allow you to push your local WordPress changes made to a video post to the attached video on Vimeo.
Great news! Our new Vimeotheque Documentation website is now live and ready for you!
We decided to create a dedicated documentation website for Vimeotheque so that we can answer all your questions and give all information you need in a clear and concise way.
We’re constantly improving the documentation so if you find something missing or would like to know something, don’t hesitate to contact us.
A lot of changes happened during the last couple of months! We renamed the plugin to Vimeotheque and we developed and released version 2 for the plugin. The most notable change that comes with version 2 is the fact that Vimeotheque PRO 2 works as add-on for the free version of Vimeotheque.