We just released Vimeotheque 2.0.21 which solves, among other issues, a bug into the Block editor when editing a video post that caused the editor to display the error message “Updating failed. The response is not a valid JSON response.“.
Also very important is the fact that starting with this version, the minimum WordPress version required by the plugin is WordPress 5.3.
Here’s the entire Vimeotheque 2.0.21 changelog:
- Solved a bug in Video Position Block that cause post saving error/notice when editing a video post managed by Vimeotheque;
- Changed Video Position Block options “Video start time” and “Volume” to range controls;
- Added new option in Video Position Block for video embed background transparency;
- Added new option for videos edited using the Classic Editor to set the video embed background transparency;
- Increased Vimeotheque minimum WordPress version requirement to WordPress 5.3 ( for support of object meta type in the REST API );
- Made video background transparency a global option in Vimeotheque Settings, under tab “Embed options”;
- Solved a bug in Video Player script implemented by Vimeotheque which caused the player to ignore the embed volume option.